Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wrap, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100121 times
bean sprouts and veggie wrap recipe | veg wrap with bean sprouts | Indian protein rich recipe | sprouts veggie wrap | with step by step images.
bean sprouts and veggie wrap is a dish which can be served as an Indian snack as well as a healthy one dish meal Learn how to make sprouts veggie wrap.
A filling and wholesome snack that is ideal for an expectant mother to satiate small hunger pangs. With abundant nutrients, such as protein from bean sprouts; as well as antioxidants like vitamin A and Vitamin C from broccoli, carrot, capsicum and lettuce, the protein rich recipe will also help meet the growing nutrient requirements at this stage.
To make bean sprouts and veggie wrap, make the stuffing first. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute. Add the capsicum, carrot and bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Then make the healthy mayonnaise. Remove the crust from all the bread slices. Combine all the ingredients including the bread slices and blend in a mixer till smooth and refrigerate it. Finally assemble the wrap. Reheat the chapatti, spread little mayonnaise, place some lettuce leaves and a portion of stuffing, roll, seal and serve.
All these ingredients in veg wrap with bean sprouts are also fibre-rich, which makes the dish easy to digest and more satiating as well. We have made the snack all the more healthier by avoiding store-bought mayonnaise, and using a quick and healthy homemade version instead. You will enjoy this snack, which is sure to chase away your hunger!
Sprouts veggie wrap is also a wise choice for diabetics and heart patients. The fiber is sure to benefit them by helping to manage blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Tips for bean sprouts and veggie wrap. 1. If bean sprouts are not easily available, replace them with boiled moong sprouts. 2. If you are making hung curd at home, ensure that you tie and hang the curd for at least an hour to get a perfect thick curd. Watery curd might render the mayonnaise to be thin and difficult to spread. 3. White pepper powder also can be replaced with black pepper powder.
Enjoy bean sprouts and veggie wrap recipe | veg wrap with bean sprouts | Indian protein rich recipe | sprouts veggie wrap | with step by step photos and video below.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the capsicum, carrot and bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Combine all the ingredients including the bread slices and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Refrigerate it for 1 to 2 hours and use as required.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place a chapati on it and reheat it on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Place the chapati on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of healthy mayonnaise evenly over it.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce leaves evenly in the centre of the chapati and spread a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly and seal it using a toothpick.
- Repeat step 1 to 4 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Bean Sprouts & Veggie Wrap (Protein Rich Recipe for Pregnancy) Video of Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.