Microwave Quick Poha Chivda
by Pooja Nadkarni
This recipe has been viewed 2380 times
Now since it is festival season, I had lot to prepare, so thought of making this quick microwave chivda to save time.
The outcome is really the same as you do with the traditional method plus you require less oil so it is healthier too.
So try out this quick microwave poha chiwda. I have prepared this out of thick beaten rice(Poha) but you can also use thin poha .
- Heat oil in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and microwave for 2 minutes or till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add thr peanuts and microwave again for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and microwave for a few seconds.
- Add poha and mix well. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. Check if it is crisp.
- Mix sugar and salt in a deep bowl, add the poha chivda and mix well.
- Store the chivda in the airtight container and use as required.
- Microwave time differs for different microwaves , so adjust your timing accordingly .
This recipe was contributed by Pooja Nadkarni on 18 Nov 2015Hi,
My name is Pooja and I am housewife. I love to cook and try out different recipes. Also I love ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.