Masoor Dal and Palak Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29917 times
Khichdi is a wonderful, versatile Indian food. It is satiating and easy to prepare, and fits perfectly into any meal, be it lunch or dinner. It also lends itself to a lot of innovation, and you can come up with varied versions with unique combinations of dals, veggies and spices. Masoor Dal and Palak Khichdi is a very wholesome recipe, which includes healthy spinach and energy-giving potatoes along with simple spices. Indeed, it is fit to be called a meal in a bowl!
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, green chilli paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, masoor dal, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.