Jowar and Moong Dal Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3521 times
An excellent and super healthy recipe made with whole jowar and moong dal to give an amazing khichdi.
You can even perk up this khichdi by adding some spices to it and maybe even throw in some vegetables. Serve it with curds, raita or a kadhi and you have a completely balanced meal ready.
Enjoy how to make Jowar and Moong Dal Khichdi recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Clean, wash and soak the jowar in enough water in a deep bowl overnight or at least for 10 hours.
- Next day, drain it and discard the water.
- Combine the jowar, moong dal, salt and 2 ½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 7 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the tempering to the khichdi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.