Instant Pav Bhaji Masala Toast, Quick Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4910 times
In the mood for a serving of pav bhaji but don’t have the time to make it? Well, go for this Instant Pav Bhaji Masala Toast instead.
It is quick and easy to make but tastes just like pav bhaji thanks to the combination of boiled potatoes and veggies with the inimitable pav bhaji masala.
You can keep some boiled potatoes in the freezer to defrost and use instantly in recipes like this! You can make it in a jiffy when you yearn for a snack or when your kids come back from play unusually hungry!
Be generous with the butter so as to get the authentic taste. Relish it hot and fresh to enjoy the delightful crispness of bread and the spicy succulence of the filling.
You can also try other snacks like the Spinach and Paneer Cream Cracker Snack or Tava Cheese Burger, Quick Snack .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Place a buttered bread slice on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it and press it lightly using your fingers.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with 1½ tsp of butter. Place a toast on it with the topping side facing upwards and cook it on a medium flame, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cut the toast diagonally into 2 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||368.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.