Idli Chaat Recipe, South Indian Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5929 times
South meets North in this amazing fusion dish! Idli, the most common South Indian snack meets chaat, the most popular class of North Indian snacks, in this off-beat recipe.
We have deep-fried Idli cubes, laced them with curds and chutneys, and topped them with yummy garnishes like sev and coriander.
A sprinkling of spice powders boosts the aroma and taste of the Idli Chaat further, making it a unique and memorable treat.
This nice and chatpata snack is a wonderful way to make use of leftover idlis. You can surprise your kids with this when they come home from school, enjoy it as a tea-time snack or even serve it to guests.
You can also try other idli-based recipes like Idli Upma or Idli Milagai Podi .
Add your private note
Idli Chaat Recipe, South Indian Snack recipe - How to make Idli Chaat Recipe, South Indian Snack
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Cut each idli into 4 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep-non-stick pan and deep-fry a few idli pieces on a medium flame till they turn crispy and golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Place half the deep-fried idli pieces in a serving plate.
- Top it with 5 tbsp of whisked curds and sprinkle a little salt over it. Spread 1 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp of sweet chutney evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle a little cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, 1 tbsp of sev and 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||404.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.