Egg Dosa, Healthy Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4551 times
An off-beat breakfast dish that will sweep you all off your feet! Spread dosa batter on the griddle, break and egg over it, sprinkle a little coconut and cook, to get a healthy and filling breakfast.
The Egg Dosa is not only healthy but extremely tasty, with the creaminess of egg and the crunch of grated coconut. A wonderful start to the day, this Egg Dosa will be loved by kids and adults.
Try other egg-based recipes like Omelette Sandwich On A Tawa or Spanish Omelette .
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Break an egg over the dosa and spread it evenly using a flat spatula.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of coconut and salt evenly over it.
- Drizzle little oil on the sides and on the top and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn over carefully and cook again on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 2 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.