Dahi Bhindi ( Kerala Style )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 588 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103731 times
A kerala-style preparation of bhindi, with an aromatic seasoning, and the added flavour of tomatoes and onions. Churned curds form the base for the dahi bhindi, giving it a tangy yet light mouth-feel. It goes great with puris.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a kadhai, add the ladies fingers and deep-fry till they turn crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coconut-cashewnut paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add the curds-water mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the deep fried ladies finger, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.