Cheesy Stuffed Veggie Burger
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12710 times
This is a burger all right, but totally different from anything you’ve ever tasted before! The buttered burger bun is smeared with fiery chilli sauce and then packed with a whole lot of usual burger ingredients like coleslaw, tomato and onion slices.
Then comes the interesting part – a super duper veggie patty with a cheesy core! The veg patty mixture is stuffed with grated cheese, and as the patty cooks the cheese melts and gives the patty a gooey cheesy centre that’s totally awesome.
When you bite into a burger, the cheese oozes out to meet your cheese-loving taste buds. Enjoy the Cheesy Stuffed Veggie Burger hot and fresh to enjoy the gooeyness of the cheese before it begins to harden.
You can also try other cheesy recipes like Cheesy Potato Bake or Cheesy Rice Tartlet
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cheese in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick flat circle and put 2 tbsp of cheese in the center.
- Bring all the sides together, seal it completely, and flatten it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 2 stuff 2 more patty.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with 1 tbsp of oil, place all the patty on it and cook using 1 tbsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Divide the coleslaw into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut a burger bun horizontally into two. Apply 1/4 tsp of butter on both the sides of each halve of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Place both the halves on a clean, dry surface, apply 1 tsp of chilli sauce over each buttered halve and spread it evenly.
- Place a portion of the coleslaw on the lower halve of the buttered- chilli sauce side.
- Place a patty, 3 tomato slices, 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Cover with an upper halve of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per burger
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.