Cheesy Rice Tartlet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21426 times
Crispy bread tartlets are topped with a creamy mixture of soft rice, gooey cheese, and crunchy and colourful veggies flavoured with garlic and chilli flakes. The Cheesy Rice Tartlet features myriad textures and flavours dominated by that of cheese. A generous portion of rice in the filling not only helps add volume to it, but also to retain a soft and pleasant texture.
- Lightly grease 5 muffin moulds of a muffin tray or 5 tart moulds using a little butter
- And keep aside.
- Remove the crusts from each bread slice and flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Press each slice of the flattened bread into the greased muffin moulds or in the tart
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or till they turn crisp and
- Golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, cream and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spoon one portion of the filling mixture into each baked bread tartlet.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per tartlet
|Vitamin A||168.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.