Buckwheat and Green Apple Porridge, Healthy Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 2514 times
Breakfast – it’s a magical meal, which shakes you awake and energizes every cell in your body to face the race that awaits!
It is very important to opt for breakfast dishes, which balance taste and health because both are important to kick-start your day on the right note.
This Buckwheat and Green Apple Porridge guarantees this. For vegetarians, buckwheat is the only complete protein. It’s also high in fibre and will keep you full for a while.
To this wonderful ingredient, we have added protein-rich almond milk and sweetened with fibrous green apples, adding more nutrients to the equation.
This lovely gluten-free recipe is resplendent with the tang of apples and the mild sweetness of honey or maple syrup, whichever you opt for. You can also throw in some strawberries or blueberries to this recipe when it is in season.
Try other porridge recipes like Vegan Amaranth Almond Milk and Apple Porridge or Yummy Oats and Apple Porridge .
- Heat approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the buckwheat and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the cooked buckwheat into a deep bowl, add the almond milk and whisk well.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Top it with the chopped apples evenly over it.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.