Last Updated : Sep 08,2021
Viewed 21763 times
Also Known As
Granny Smith Apple
What is green apple, hara seb?
Green apples are light green in colour and have crisp and juicy white flesh, which has a tart taste compared to red apples. Green apple has its share of die-hard fans who relish it as a snack and in recipes like salads.
Chopped green apple
Green apples can be chopped into small or big pieces as desired. Take a sharp knife, slice off the stem and then cut it into half from the centre. Cut each half in half again and remove the seeds and inedible portion from the centre. Chop the segments into small pieces approximately ¼ inch in diameter. If the recipe calls for the apple to be "roughly chopped," make the pieces slightly larger.
Green apple cubes
First core the clean and washed green apple and cut it into segments or strips. Then, line up the strips with your non-working hand and cut them into square pieces. Cube them as per the recipe's specifications. Generally green apples are cubed without removing the skin, but if the recipe requires peeled green apple cubes, peel the apple and then cut into cubes of desired size. Use as required.
Sliced green apple
For thick or thin apple slices, clean and wash the green apples. Place a green apple on a chopping board and cut it in half and remove the core. Slice using a sharp knife by cutting vertically across the cutting board. Slice them thinly or thickly as per the recipe requirement.
How to select Green Apple, Hara Seb • Select green apples that are fresh and hard, with a firm texture.
• They must have a vibrant light green colour. Sometimes there may be small whitish spots, which is okay.
• However, avoid ones that have brown spots, cuts or blemishes.
Culinary uses of green apples, hara seb
Green apples used to make Indian juices.
Kale is considered by experts to be one of the most nutrient-dense ingredients in the world, and fortunately for us, it is tasty too, especially when you choose the mildly-flavoured, small-leaved variety.
Here, we have made a mouth-watering Palak, Kale and Green Apple Juice
, which has a very balanced flavour and nice texture. The ingredients are rich in iron, vitamin C and fibre, which makes it a nutritious snack for weight-watchers.
Salads using green apple
1. Juicy pink grapefruit and crunchy green apple are a pretty sight to behold, more so when speckled with chopped walnuts. Their flavours too complement each other beautifully, making this a salad you will really enjoy snacking on. The best part is that this tasty combo is also rich in fibre, which helps curb blood sugar and cholesterol.
Plus, walnuts are also known to be one of the most heart-friendly ingredients, rich in omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E, which avoid blood clot and maintain healthy arteries. So, enjoy exquisite taste and good health with the Grapefruit and Green Apple Salad
2. This delicious Kale and Apple Salad
combines the unique flavour and texture of kale leaves with crunchy strips of green apple, shredded cabbage and melon seeds.
• Green apples may be eaten raw, without adding anything to it.
• They are a lovely addition to salads.
• Chopped green apples can also be added to mixed fruit juices and fruit cocktails, to improve the flavour and give an exciting crunch.
• Thin slices of green apple can be arranged over puddings and cakes to add to the appearance and flavour.
• Green apples can be cored and stuffed with various fillings to make an exciting snack.
How to Store Green Apple, Hara Seb
• Green apples must be kept refrigerated.
• They have the tendency to absorb odours, so be mindful of what you store with it.
• To keep them fresh for a week or more, first wash the apples thoroughly, pat them dry, place in perforated net bags or zip lock bags and then refrigerate.
Health Benefits of Green Apple, Hara Seb
The health benefits of green apple are almost similar to red apple, but some research shows that green apple may contain slightly more fibre and less carbs and sugar. Its peel consists of dietary fibre, mainly pectin, which helps in reducing weight
and maintaining healthy gut flora. The flavonoids in green apple may help in fighting chronic diseases like cancer
and heart disease
, if consumed daily. This compound which is a major component in green apple peels also helps to lower blood sugar levels and manage type-2 diabetes mellitu
s. The compound quercetin along with flavonoids also helps to reduce oxidative damage and reduce inflammation in the body.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.