Bread Cutlets, Veg Shallow Fried Cutlets
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7989 times
Bread Cutlets are scrumptious veg cutlets made with a mixture of softened bread, mashed potatoes and other veggies perked up with everyday taste-givers like garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander.
The bread not only gives volume and keeps the ingredients together but also gives the shallow-fried cutlets a unique texture that is soft with a mild, crackling crispness when you bite into it.
You can enjoy the bread cutlet as an evening snack , or serve it as a starter at parties .
Also take a shot at other recipes like the Ravioli Samosa or Malai Paneer Mixed Herb Balls .
- Combine the ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and coarsely crush it. Keep aside.
- Soak the bread slices in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 minute.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slice, crumble them and place them in a deep bowl.
- Add the prepared paste, potatoes, onions, carrot, coriander and salt and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball and flatten it slightly to make a cutlet.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs till they are coated from all the sides.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad nonstick pan, place 5 cutlets and cook on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 8 to cook 5 more cutlets.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||118.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.