Bread Cutlets, Veg Shallow Fried Cutlets
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48785 times
bread cutlets | bread cutlets with mixed vegetables | crunchy tava veg cutlets | shallow fry Indian veg cutlets | with 16 amazing images.
Bread Cutlets are scrumptious crunchy tava veg cutlets made with a mixture of softened bread, mashed potatoes and other veggies perked up with everyday taste-givers like garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander.
The bread not only gives volume and keeps the ingredients together but also gives the shallow fry Indian veg cutlets a unique texture that is soft with a mild, crackling crispness when you bite into it.
You can enjoy the bread cutlets with mixed vegetables as an evening snack, or serve it as a starter at parties.
Tips for bread cutlets: 1.Ginger, garlic and green chilli paste is readily available in the market, but nothing can beat the flavour and aroma of fresh coarsely crushed paste. 2. See that you squeeze out all the excess water properly from the bread slices or else the cutlet mixture will become soggy and difficult to bind. 3. To make the cutlets more nutritious and colourful you can add other vegetables like boiled green peas, broccoli, red and yellow capsicum , French beans etc. to the mixture. Do not add water based vegetables like doodhi, cucumber, zucchini etc. as this will let out water and make the cutlet mixture soggy. 4. Rolling the cutlets in the breadcrumbs from all the sides give the cutlets a crispy texture on shallow-frying. 5. You can even use moulds of different shapes and sizes to make the cutlets.
Also take a shot at other recipes like the Ravioli Samosa or Malai Paneer Mixed Herb Balls. Check out our collection of recipes for quick snacks and starters and surprise your guests with something new.
Enjoy how to make bread cutlets | bread cutlets with mixed vegetables | crunchy tava veg cutlets | shallow fry Indian veg cutlets detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make bread cutlets, combine the ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and coarsely crush it. Keep aside.
- Soak the bread slices in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 minute.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slice, crumble them and place them in a deep bowl.
- Add the prepared paste, potatoes, onions, carrot, coriander and salt and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball and flatten it slightly to make a cutlet.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs till they are coated from all the sides.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, place 5 cutlets and cook on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 8 to cook 5 more cutlets.
- Serve the bread cutlets immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Bread Cutlets Video, Veg Shallow Fried Cutlets Video
Bread Cutlets, Veg Shallow Fried Cutlets recipe with step by step photos
To make instant bread cutlets, we will first take the ginger, garlic and green chillies in a mortal pestle (khalbatta).
- Coarsely crush it. Keep aside. Yes, the readymade paste available in the market or frozen pastes are convenient to use but, the flavour and aroma of freshly ground paste are very different.
- Soak the bread slices in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 minute. To make this a bit healthier, make use of whole wheat or multigrain bread instead of white bread.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slice.
- Crumble them and place them in a deep bowl. Bread provides a soft texture to the cutlets.
- Add the prepared paste to it.
- Now add potatoes.
- Furthermore add onions and carrot. You can add any veggies of your choice like the boiled green peas, broccoli, capsicum and French beans to this mixture. They not only enhance the appearance but also, make them nutritious.
- Finally, add coriander and salt.
- Mix very well and your bread cutlet mixture is ready.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball.
- Flatten the ball slightly to make a cutlet. Ensure there are no gaps or else the cutlet will break on frying.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs till they are coated from all the sides. They provide a crispy texture on shallow-frying.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a broad nonstick pan.
- Place 5 cutlets and cook on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Repeat step 15 to cook 5 more bread cutlets | bread cutlets with mixed vegetables | crunchy tava veg cutlets | shallow fry Indian veg cutlets |
Serve the crunchy vegetable bread cutlets immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup. Shallow-fried bread cutlets | bread cutlets with mixed vegetables | crunchy tava veg cutlets | shallow fry Indian veg cutlets | are a perfect accompaniment to your evening cup of tea/coffee.
- You can even shape them differently and serve as a party starter. Kids will also enjoy this after school snack as it is or you can stuff between burger buns or pav to make cutlet pav.
Other snack recipes that you can make using bread are Bread Samosa, Bread Pizza, Bread Aloo Chaat.
Using bread slices you can even make instant breakfast recipes like Bread Upma, Bread Uttapam and Bread Dhokla.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||118.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.