Ravioli Samosa, Deep Fried Indian Starter
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29775 times
Ravioli is a kind of small and dainty dumpling from traditional Italian cuisine. Here, we have made mouth-watering samosas in a cute, bite-sized shape inspired by ravioli.
The samosa filling is also super tasty, with a tantalizing flavour gained from ingredients like crushed coriander seeds and amchur powder.
The handy size and attractive shape of the Ravioli Samosa make it an interesting snack to serve as a starter . It is especially apt for kids’ parties . Enjoy it with chutneys or simple ketchup.
You can also try other samosas like the Mini Onion Samosa or Jhatpat Samosa .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas and turmeric, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried mango powder, garam masala, coriander powder, ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and 2 tbsp water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander leaves , mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough each into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the rolled dough circle on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the stuffing in the center.
- Cover it with another rolled dough circle and press it gently all over the circumference using a fork.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 9 more raviolis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add few ravioli at a time, and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per ravioli samosa
|Vitamin A||64.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.