Lukhmi, Hyderabadi Veg Savoury Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34123 times
Lukhmi is a crisp and flaky version of samosa that is part of the local cuisine of Hyderabad.
While Hyderabadi style Lukhmi is usually non-vegetarian, here we have made a version with a spicy vegetarian filling comprising potatoes and paneer perked up with spice powders, pastes and herbs.
You can have this delicacy with tea, or serve it with breakfast. You can also try other savoury snacks like the Aloo Methi Tikki and the Banana Bhajiya .
- Combine the plain flour and ghee in a deep bowl, mix well , rub in between your palms till they crumble like bread-crumbs.
- Add the curd and salt and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Add the oil and knead again till smooth.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the potatoes , ginger-garlic paste , turmeric powder,chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer, mint, coriander, mustard oil and salt and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut this circle in two equal parts with help of a knife.
- Place one portion of the stuffing at one end and spread it evenly.
- Fold it and seal it tightly using little water and press both the sides with help of fork.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 9 more lukhmis.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, 2 lukhmis at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 8 to deep-fry 8 more lukhmis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per lukhmi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.