Apple Pie Choc
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2942 times
Apple pie choc is simply an irrestible dessert recipe for special guests and festivals. The chocolate pastry sheets are filled with a delicious sweet apple filling and then baked after sealing the sides. An awesome dessert or pie recipe with rich chocolate flavour and fresh fruit filling.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cold water and gently knead it into a firm dough. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough into a circle and line a 150 mm. (6") diameter pie dish.
- Prick with fork at regular intervals and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Roll the remaining dough into a circle of 200 mm. (6") diameter and keep aside.
- Slice the apples thinly.
- Mix the sugar, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- Place the apple slices on the half baked chocolate pastry and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- Cover with the remaining rolled out chocolate pastry and seal the edges. Prick the top of the pie with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 16 Mar 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.