Aloo Matar, Aloo Matar Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 345 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 332342 times
aloo matar | aloo matar sabzi | aloo mutter | aloo matar ki sabji | punjabi aloo matar | with 20 amazing images.
Aloo matar is one of the most popular North Indian Sabzis , loved by Indians across the globe. This Punjabi style aloo matar sabzi is made of aloo, matar and onions cooked in Indian aromatic spices.
At home, we eat this aloo matar sabzi with plain roti. At times my kids love this aloo matar sukhi sabzi just with plain bread which just soaks up the masala of this sabzi.
This dry aloo matar sabzi is mildly spiced and has a nice gravy of tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste.
Our recipe ofpunjabi aloo matar as few ingredients to use which are always available in the Indian kitchen. The recipe of aloo mattar ki sabji is easy to make and even a beginner will be able to follow this recipe.
Since the spice levels are low in aloo matar, this recipe is perfect for kids. This aloo matar sabzi can be made without onion and garlic and just skip it in the method if you wish.
Aside from aloo matar sabzi check out our other popular Punjabi sabzi recipes like baingan bharta and methi matar malai.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger,green chilli paste and tomatoes and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked. Mash lightly using a potato masher and add 1 tbsp water.
- Add the green peas,potatoes, salt,chilli powder, garam masala and and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Mash 2 to 3 pieces of potatoes in the pan to thicken the gravy. Simmer till the aloo matar gravy thickens.
- Garnish the aloo matar with the coriander and serve hot with rotis or parathas.
Aloo Mutter Video by Tarla Dalal
Aloo Matar, Aloo Matar Sabzi recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.