Darbari Aloo Mutter Sabzi, Microwave Dry Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23857 times
Potatoes and green peas in a tomato-based gravy is one of the most common dishes you can think of. Any day you are in a hurry and find these two ingredients in the fridge, you will stop thinking of what to cook and immediately take these out.
The same old duo comes to you in an all-new form in this recipe. The addition of dry fruits and nuts like raisins and cashewnuts, and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds gives the Darbari Aloo Mutter Sabzi a rich mouth-feel and vibrant flavour.
Nevertheless, this recipe is as easy as any Aloo Mutter Sabzi, given that it is made using the microwave oven. It takes you less than 10 minutes to place this delightful dish on the table, once you are ready with all the ingredients.
Try other microwave recipes like the Mutter Pulao and Mushroom Mutter Makhani .
- Place the sesame seeds on a microwave-proof plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, cumin seeds and onions in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cashewnuts, raisins and 1 tablespoon water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, garam masala, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix gently and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||161.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.