Aloo Mutter Korma, Punjabi Aloo Matar Korma
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 256 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 154938 times
Potato and green peas is an evergreen combination, which works effectively in varied dishes, ranging from salads and sandwiches to kormas and subzis .
The contrasting textures and complementary flavours of the two vegetables have a very fulfilling effect on the taste buds, and this is proved once again in this recipe.
The Aloo Mutter Korma is a delicious dish that combines potatoes and green peas with a range of flavour givers like tomatoes, onions, spice powders and pastes. A dash of garam masala adds josh to the korma making it a great hit with everybody.
Enjoy other potato based dishes like the Bhojpuri Aloo and the Aloo Matar Tariwale .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on medium flame for 8 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, potatoes and ¼ cup of water, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.