Navratna Korma, Veg Navratan Korma
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 414 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 349383 times
You’ll find it in a restaurant menu in London, in a wedding feast in Chennai, or a weekend dinner in New Delhi. That’s how popular this rich, semi-sweet vegetable dish is.
Navratna Korma features a delectable assortment of vegetables and fruits in an intense gravy burgeoning with cashew paste and cream. This gravy gets its subtle sweetness from pineapple cubes and pineapple syrup, which give it a mild, tongue-tickling tang as well. Enjoy it fresh with naan or parathas .
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium lame for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cashewnuts and 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, paneer, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, milk-cornflour mixture and fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pineapple, sugar, canned pineapple syrup and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream and pineapple pieces.
Navratna Korma Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.