Aloo Mutter Tariwale, Punjabi Tariwale Aloo Matar
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56575 times
This luscious Punjabi subzi features the standard combo of potato and peas, but in an enticing new form.
Here, the duo is soaked in a tantalizing gravy of curds, spices and a special blend of onions, cashewnuts, melon seeds and green chillies. With curds and fresh cream, the Aloo Mutter Tariwale has rich consistency that pleases the diner.
Make sure you simmer for the required time so that the potatoes imbibe the flavours, but do not overdo it lest the curd becomes watery.
Serve piping hot with Chapati , Hariyali Roti or Makhani Roti .
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cardamom, bayleaf and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and the prepared white gravy mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the garam masala, sugar, fresh cream, potatoes, green peas, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.