4/5 stars 75% LIKED IT
3 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 1005 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88601 times
Super soft idlis made with a combination of broken and beaten rice, the Poha Idli is also relatively convenient to make compared to the traditional idli because idli rawa is used instead of whole idli rice. This helps you make the batter quicker and also ensures a perfect consistency, without having to worry about how coarse the rice has to be ground. Remember to grind the poha-rice mix and the soaked urad separately, to get perfect idlis. Enjoy hot and fresh with your favourite chutney and sambhar.
- Clean, wash and soak the idli rava and beaten rice in water for at least 2 hours.
- Clean, wash the urad dal thoroughly and soak it in water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the idli rava and rice, combine together and blend in a mixer to a smooth batter.
- Darin and blend the urad dal separately to a smooth paste using a little water.
- Combine the two batters, add salt and mix well. Cover and keep aside to ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.