Palak Rava Idli Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7670 times
An instant idli recipe that requires no soaking and grinding, the Palak Rava Idli is a nice variant of the regular rava idli.
It is made with a batter of semolina and curds, perked up with an aromatic tempering, and reinforced with a vibrant spinach paste. A pinch of fruit salt helps to give the idli a soft texture and good mouth-feel.
Serve it hot with sambhar and chutney for breakfast or dinner .
You can also try other idli recipes like Idli or Poha Idli .
- Combine the rava, curds and ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the prepared spinach paste, lemon juice, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour this prepared tempering over the batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour a little batter into each greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per idli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.