Quick Rava Idli ( South Indian Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 235 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 429771 times
Well, you love idlis, but what if you have no batter on hand? here is a quick and equally tasty (in fact, spicier!) version of idlis made with semolina. Since the batter requires no fermentation, this recipe is a quick-fix! for extra zing, add a little grated ginger to this dish.
- Combine the semolina, buttermilk, 2 tbsp of oil and salt together in a bowl. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a small pan and add the urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the coconut, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the semolina batter and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt and sprinkle a little water over it, when the bubbles form mix it gently.
- Pour spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with a chutney of your choice.
Nutrient values per idli
|Vitamin A||43.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.