Instant Bread Idli, No Fermenting Required
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28135 times
Feel like having a breakfast of idli and sambhar but don’t have batter on hand? Worry not, you can still entertain your whims with this Instant Bread Idli.
Made with an innovative batter of bread crumbs and idli rawa, this Instant Bread Idli is soft, fluffy and tasty. A dash of curds gives the idli a nice, mildly tangy taste while a pinch of fruit salt gives it the perfect mouth-feel.
The best part is that this batter requires no fermenting, so you can make it any time you feel like.
You can also try other Idli recipes like the traditional Idli and Quick Rava Idli .
- Combine the bread crumbs, idli rawa, curds, salt and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the fruit salt and ½ cup of water and mix gently.
- Pour spoonfulls of the batter into greased idli moulds.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve hot with sambhar, coconut chutney and malgapodi.
Instant Bread Idli video by Tarla Dalal
Instant Bread Idli, No Fermenting Required recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per idli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.