by Tarla Dalal
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51135 times
Apple Crumble... that’s a delicacy our hearts would crumble at the sight of. The fruity aroma of stewed apples together with the intense aroma of cinnamon makes one feel giddy with delight. If this indulgence has been banned from your menu, as it is laden with refined flour, butter, sugar and other must-avoid items, we have good news for you. This heart-friendly, high-fibre version features stewed apples baked with a topping of high-fibre muesli, loaded with oats and nuts. Walnuts, though a bit fatty, do more good than harm as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which keep the arteries healthy and elastic, strengthening the heart as well.
- Combine ½ cup of water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the apples, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Discard the cinnamon and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and lightly roast them on a slow flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Grease a baking dish lightly using low-fat butter.
- Spread the stewed apples at the base of a baking dish and spread the muesli evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the muesli turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
| 144 kcal|| 3.0 gm|| 18.1 gm|| 6.5 gm|| 2.2 gm|| 0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.