Peach Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18526 times
This recipe offers a sophisticated twist to traditional cheesecakes! it adds the deep, special touch of a dark chocolate biscuit base and a chocolate chip cheesecake mixture to the mellow caramelised peaches. It would be good to use tinned peaches for this recipe rather than fresh ones, because the former offers the best balance of sweetness, sourness and softness.
- Open each dark chocolate biscuit and scrape and discard the middle creamy layer.
- Crush the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder in a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar with 1½ tsp of water in a non-stick pan and cook till the sugar caramelizes and turns brown in colour.
- Add the peach syrup, cornflour mixture, melted chocolate, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the peaches halves, mix well and simmer further for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool
- Combine the basic cheesecake mixture and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture evenly on the biscuit base and spread it evenly with the help of a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 6 to 7 hours or till the cheesecake sets.
- Demould the cheesecake, arrange the peach halves on the cheesecake and pour the sauce over it.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheesecake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.