How many calories does one Mexican Tacos Recipe have?
One Mexican Tacos Recipe gives 152 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 56 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 78 calories. One Mexican Tacos Recipe provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mexican Tacos Recipe. Travel into the heartlands of Mexico with hearty and satiating Tacos, one of the most famous dishes of that region. A crispy taco shell, loaded with wholesome rajma topping and tangy uncooked salsa is a delight, which is enhanced further by peppy sauces, juicy lettuce and oh-so-yummy grated cheese!It is a rustic experience, which warms the heart and fills the tummy with its sensual flavours and mealy textures. Serve the Tacos as soon as they are assembled.
Is Mexican Tacos Recipe healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
What's the problem?
Deep fried foods : This tacos is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. It also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mexican Tacos?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This tacos is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also there is too much tomato ketchup used which has loads of sugar.
Here are some Healthy snack options
You can have Baked Samosa with mixed sprouts, Matarsutir Kachori, Oats Moong Dal Tikki, Baked methi muthia recipe, Zunka recipe, moong dal dhokla recipe, bajra carrot onion uttapam recipe , baked palak jowar murukku or buckwheat pancake as one healthy recipe option.
Baked Palak Jowar Murukku
Can healthy individuals have Mexican Tacos?
No, this is not healthy.
Mexican Tacos Recipe is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 152 calories that come from Mexican Tacos Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 46 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 26 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.