How many calories does one Oats Mutter Dosa have?
One Oats Mutter Dosa gives 91 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 49 calories, proteins account for 14 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 28 calories. One Oats Mutter Dosa provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Oats Mutter Dosa recipe. This instant dosa batter is packed with protein and fibre. Oats must be consumed daily for its high content of soluble fibre ‘beta-glucan’, a potent blood sugar and cholesterol-lowering agent. The addition of urad dal and carrots make the dosas rich in protein and vitamin a too. Prepare this instantly and serve it hot with a chutney of your choice.
Is Oats Mutter Dosa healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Oats : Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole Oats have an antioxidant called Avenanthramide (a polyphenol from oats) which helps lower blood pressure levels. Soluble fibre absorbs water and swells and to become gel like substance which helps in the absorption of nutrients like B Vitamins and minerals like Magnesium and Zinc which are key to a good heart. See here why oats are good for you?
2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
3. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Oats Mutter Dosa ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. A perfect protein, fibre and carbohydrate combination !!!! This recipe is rich in Proteins, Soluble Fibre and minerals like Potassium which is good for heart and Phosphorus good for bones. It is an ideal option for breakfast and also easy to carry.
This recipe is low in calories so it can also help in weight loss. Since it is low glycemic index recipe even diabetic people can have and also fibre will make ease in digestion. Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol.
Can healthy individuals have Oats Mutter Dosa ?
Yes. Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander. Or you can have this healthy coocnut chutney made from coconut and coriander.
Oats Mutter Dosa is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Blood pressure snacks
How to burn 91 calories that come from Oats Mutter Dosa?
Walking (6 kmph) = 27 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 12 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.