How many calories does one serving of Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe have?
One serving of Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe gives 793 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 337 calories, proteins account for 55 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 400 calories. One serving of Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe provides about 40 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe. hakka noodles recipe | Indo Chinese hakka noodles | vegetable hakka noodles | Indian street style hakka noodles .
All time favourite Hakka noodles is one of the best options to treat your taste buds and a perfect one meal dinner. This is an Indo Chinese hakka noodles recipe where noodles are tossed with garlic and vegetables or any other ingredients of your choice like mushrooms etc.
Veg hakka noodles are flavourful noodles tossed with vegetables. It is basically from the Asian cuisine which has been adapted in India and now is found in every restaurant and is also, one of the famous Indian street food. Hakka noodles are sold and available on every street of India now!!
I usually make veg hakka noodles for both lunch and dinner. Sometimes, this even goes to my kids tiffin or on a lazy Sunday this is my go to recipe. I personally love it and all the members in my family, including the most elder one’s love it and the scrumptious noodles are gulped down in blink of an eye. We have this on our weekly menu, Indian style hakka noodles are definitely made atleast once in a week. Doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to prepare the dish.
There are a lot many variations to the recipe, ours is a simple veg hakka noodles also called Indo Chinese hakka noodles. The preparation also doesn’t take much time, this recipe can be quickly made. To make vegetable hakka noodles, first we have prepare the chilli oil. To prepare chilli oil, heat oil in a pan on high flame until it smokes. Add red chillies and let it rest for a while. Once, it is cooled strain the oil and keep aside. To proceed making the vegetable hakka noodles, heat the oil in a wok, add the spring onion whites, garlic and red chillies and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds. Add the carrots, cabbage, capsicum and sauté on a high flame, these vegetables give an amazing and vibrant color to the noodles. Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt, mix well and toss on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the black pepper powder and 2 tsp prepared chilli oil and toss well. Sprinkle spring onion greens and toss well. Serve Indian street style hakka noodles immediately.
The whole preparation of vegetable hakka noodles is done on high flame as it helps the vegetables to remain crunchy and not turn soft or soggy. This recipe is not only treat to the tongue but also eyes. The colourful veggies make hakka noodles eye pleasing.
This celebrated Chinese dish of hakka noodles gets its name from the Chinese province of Hakka. It is very quick and easy to make and perfect to serve with a gravy of your choice.
Veg hakka nooodles teams up well with most of the Chinese vegetable dishes like the Sweet and Sour Vegetable, Chinese Fried Paneer in Hot and Sweet Sauce or Tofu in Black Bean Sauce. It makes a sumptuous meal that you will relish till the last bite.
Serve vegetable hakka noodles immediately with chilli sauce, soya sauce and chillies in vinegar.
Is Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
2. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other viral infections. To boost your immune system have a garlic clove a day. Garlic is a top anti viral food. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
4. Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
5. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
2. Plain flour (maida) : The noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Which are healthy pasta or noodle options?
We suggest you have chunky tomato whole wheat pasta recipe, whole wheat vegetable noodles or whole wheat pasta in low calorie white sauce recipe in limited quantiy where whole wheat pasta or whole wheat noodles is used and the sauces don't contain any fat.
Whole Wheat Vegetable Noodles, Hakka Noodles for Diabetics
Can healthy individuals have Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe?
Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 793 calories that come from Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 hrs 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 hr 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 46 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2 hrs 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.