Chunky Tomato Pasta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39076 times
The fantabulous flavour of this Chunky Tomato Pasta is sure to sweep you off your feet! Although pasta is not usually recommended for diabetics, this delightful creation is fit to have as an occasional snack.
Unlike the usual calorie-laden and creamy pasta dishes, this tangy version combines whole wheat penne with lots of tomatoes and broccoli to satisfy your craving within a small but enjoyable portion size.
To enjoy flavours of different cuisine from around the world, check out our category of diabetic-friendly international recipes .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.