How many calories does one Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich have?
One Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich gives 262 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 104 calories, proteins account for 36 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 122 calories. One Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich Recipe. Looking for a perfect and easy finger food? Which can be made in a jiffy? Cottage cheese and tomato sandwich is an ideal choice.
This cottage cheese and tomato sandwich recipe makes an ideal party and high tea starter and can even be made and served as a snack with piping hot tea. Cottage cheese and tomato sandwich is made with minimum of ingredients which are easily available in every well maintained Indian pantry.
The process of making tomato and paneer chutney sandwich is really easy, all you need to do is combine grated paneer, tomatoes and salt to taste,you can also add sandwich masala or chaat masala if you wish to. Mix everything well and your stuffing for the sandwich is ready. Further, apply butter on whole wheat bread and some green chutney and spread 1/4 portion of mixture on it. Next, butter another slice of bread and sandwich it with the butter chutney side facing downwards. Cut it and enjoy your cottage cheese and tomato sandwich.
We like this cottage cheese and tomato sandwich recipe as it is healthy. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour. Whole wheat bread has more fibre than the white bread, which helps in maintaining weight, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels.
Nothing is extraordinary about the ingredients, but the outcome is supremely fabulous when all the ingredients come together. The home made soft cottage cheese, tangy tomatoes, aromatic green chutney manifests as a heavenly combo. You can also carry this versatile sandwich in your lunch box, have it as your breakfast or conjure it to kill your sudden hunger pang.
Is Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
2. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
3. Coconut : The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
4. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
5. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
6. Whole Wheat Bread : Well, the use of bread is relative and individualistic. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour. Compared to maida-based bread which is surely to be avoided, the bread made with whole wheat grain that is milled or with whole wheat flour is a healthier alternative. Whole wheat bread has more fiber than the white bread, which helps in maintaining weight, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels. However both the varieties of bread are almost at par in their carb count. So moderation is the key here.
Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT eat in small amounts. However the best option would be to use multigrain bread to pull in some more nutrients and avoid that instant spike in blood sugar levels.
Can healthy individuals have Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich?
Cottage Cheese Tomato and Chutney Sandwich – A Protein Rich Snack. Paneer the key ingredient of cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich lends substantial amounts of protein to make this a high protein snack. With 9.1 g of protein, it fulfils 17% of days requirement of protein. Moreover paneer is the best source of dairy you can rely on.
Tomatoes are a rich source of Vitamin A. This vitamin combines with protein and a has a role to play in healthy vision in the body. The vitamin A is also a potent antioxidant which helps to ward off harmful free radicals from the body. These otherwise would increase inflammation in the body and may be a causative factor for chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Fresh minty green chutney made with coriander and mint adds in a dose of vitamin C which helps to strengthen your immune system and fight infections.
Finally the recipe makes use of whole wheat bread and not maida based bread as the latter is devoid of most nutrients and can lead to weight gain. However the best option would be to use multigrain bread to pull in some more nutrients and avoid that instant spike in blood sugar levels. Remember to not go overboard with this snack, as it has good quantum of carbs because of the use of bread.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
One Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
5. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
6. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 262 calories that come from one Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 19 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 35 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 45 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.