How many calories does one small glass Spinach and Mint Juice have?
One small glass Spinach and Mint Juice gives 27 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 14 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One small glass Spinach and Mint Juice provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach and Mint Juice recipe. Put the excitement back into your day with this punch-packed Spinach and Mint Juice. Full of vitamin A and iron, this drink is also reinforced with lemon juice, which not only imparts a nice tanginess but also improves the absorption of iron. Coriander and jal jeera powder lend a masaledar touch making this juice all the more aromatic and flavourful.
Is Spinach and Mint Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach and Mint Juice ?
No for diabetics as it's better to have the whole fruit than the juice. Yes for heart and weight loss. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Coriander good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. This juice has no sugar added as mint is naturally sweet and has its own flavour.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach and Mint Juice ?
Spinach and Mint Juice is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 27 calories that come from Spinach and Mint Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.