How many calories does one serving of Chinese Veg Soup have?
One serving of Chinese Veg Soup gives 93 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 30 calories, proteins account for 6 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 57 calories. One serving of Chinese Veg Soup provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Chinese Veg Soup | Chinese veg soup recipe | Indian style Chinese veg clear soup | quick and easy Chinese veg soup | with 17 amazing images.
Chinese clear soup is a pleasing soup perfect for rainy and winter days. Learn how to make quick and easy Chinese veg soup. All ingredients for Indian style Chinese veg clear soup are easily found in Indian kitchens and this is an economical soup to make due to simple ingredients used like carrots, cabbage, spring onions, cauliflower and green chillies.
To make Chinese veg soup, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds. Add all the vegetables and sauté on a high flame for 3 minutes. Add the water, cornflour solution, soy sauce, vinegar and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve Indian style Chinese veg soup hot.
Who does not like clear soup, with crunchy vegetable tidbits that tease your palate? Well, if you are a clear soup fan, you are sure to love this Oriental version - Chinese veg clear soup, which is perked up with green chillies, soy sauce and vinegar.
While this version of Chinese clear soup has the same comforting texture as its continental counterpart, it happens to have a peppy flavour that is sure to rejuvenate your taste buds.
Enjoy this quick and easy chinese veg soup hot and fresh and team it with Chilli Potatoes and a bowl of Broccoli and Capsicum Hakka Noodles.
Tips for Chinese veg soup.
1. Chop the vegetables finely as that’s the essence of most Chinese soups.
2. Mix the cornflour in room temperature water. Neither cold or hot water are suggested, as cornflour might turn lumpy.
3. Replace cauliflower with broccoli if you have some left in the refrigerator.
Is Chinese Veg Soup healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
4. Celery (Ajmoda) : Celery helps reduce the total blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus reducing the clogging of arteries and chances of stroke. Diabetics too can include this vegetable to their diet as its high fiber contribute to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar levels. Potassium and its active compound phthalides have shown positive effects in controlling blood pressure. See detailed benefits of celery.
5. Cauliflower (phool gobi) : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels quickly. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. It is rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
6. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
7. Soy sauce: It is a good source of niacin, manganese and protein.
· Soy sauce, while still high in sodium, has a flavor that goes beyond its saltiness. This means that you can use less soy sauce than you would salt to get the same level of enjoyment from your foods.
· And soy sauce blends so well with many spices - garlic, ginger, onions, etc. - that you won't even miss your salt shaker. Some brands even have low sodium varieties of soy sauce available. So, rather than dousing your food with salt, try just a touch of soy sauce instead.
· If you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and told by your doctor to limit your salt intake, you may want to limit your intake of soy sauce as well or try a low-sodium variety instead.
· Dark soy sauce acts as preventive for the entire body and cures not only the listed disorders, but also prevents heart disease.
8. Vinegar, cooking vinegar: Soothe sunburn with a spray of white distilled vinegar, repeating as often as you like. Ice-cold white distilled vinegar will feel even better, and may prevent blistering and peeling.
· For cuts and scrapes, use white distilled vinegar as an antiseptic.
· Get rid of foot odor by washing feet well with antiseptic soap daily, then soaking them in undiluted cider vinegar for 10 minutes or so.
· If commercial aftershaves cause rashes and itching, try using undiluted white distilled vinegar as an aftershave lotion.
· Lighten body freckles (not facial freckles) by rubbing on full-strength white distilled vinegar.
· Eliminate bad breath and whiten your teeth by brushing them once or twice a week with white distilled vinegar.
What's the problem?
1. Cornflour ( Cornstarch) : Pros. Cornflour is easy to digest because of the presence of insoluble fiber, thus benefits the gut. It’s gluten-free and can be consumed by those who cannot afford to have wheat. Cons. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high carbs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients. Read for more details is cornflour healthy?
2. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Chinese Veg Soup?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high crabs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients.
Can healthy individuals have Chinese Veg Soup?
Not suggested. If you want to remain healthy then eat healthy. Say no to cornflour in all your soups and if yougo out for dinner, ask them for soups without cornflour. Slow steps to a helathier you.
Which are healthy soup options?
We suggest you opt for healthy soups like spinach paneer and dal soup recipe, broccoli broth recipe, rajma soup, minty vegetable and oats soup, healthy indian tomato soup or moong soup.
Broccoli Broth, Healthy Clear Broccoli Carrot Soup
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
One serving of Chinese Veg Soup is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
5. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 93 calories that come from one serving of Chinese Veg Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 28 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 12 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.