Tangy Rajma Sev Puri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7018 times
A totally off-beat chaat item that you will fall in love with! Here, crisp papdis are topped with a chatpata rajma mixture and tangy tomato chutney. A garnish of chopped onions and sev completes the effect, making the Tangy Rajma Sev Puri absolutely irresistible.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carom seeds and allow them to crackle.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, arrange 6 papdis on a serving plate.
- Top each papadi with ½ tbsp of the rajma topping, ½ tsp of onions and ½ tsp of tomato chutney.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of sev over each papdi.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- 6 to 7 big tomatoes when blanched, peeled, deseeded, chopped and blended in a mixer will yield approx. 1¼ cups of fresh tomato pulp.
Tangy Rajma Sev Puri video by tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.