Corn Sev Puri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 483 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49030 times
Although every Mumbai visitor never misses eating sev puri, those who eaten the same thing over the years do grow weary of it. Here is a recipe for all those who agree with me. Similar but yet very different from the traditional sev puri.
Baked papadis or little puris are topped with sweet corn and crunchy onions spiked with a tangy ajwain (carom) flavoured tomato chutney. These puris are truly divine and a must try.
All that is required to be kept ready is a batch of baked papadis which can be stored in an air-tight container. You can then easily whip up this recipe at any time of the day when unexpected guests arrive.
If you like chaat with papdis then do check these recipes Tava Chana , Bhel Puri , Mixed Sprouts and Green Pea Chaat , Spicy Chaat- Calcutta Style , will surely steal your heart with its simple and chatpata flavour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the carom seeds and allow them to crackle.
- When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida and garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. .
- Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame, transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- Arrange 6 papdis on a serving plate.
- Top each papdi with 2 tsp of the corn topping and 1 ½ tsp of tomato chutney over it.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of pomegranate and 1 ½ tsp of sev over each papdi.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more plates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- Take 8 medium sized tomatoes, put them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, remove from the flame and drain them. Peel and deseed the tomatoes and blend in a mixer till smooth.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.