Tangy Gobi Masala
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10212 times
This is a favorite of one and all. There are a lot of variations to this dish. The one that i have shown here is a very basic one. This dish can be made very quickly and
requires very less oil so undoubtedly healthy and very nutritious.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds,mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of hing.
- Add the dry red chilli and let it fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and cook till the onions are golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the green chilli and saute for 2 minutes till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir well so that the whole masala is mixed with the florets.
- Add salt, lemon juice or amchoor powder and mix well.
- Add the sugar and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan or wok with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rotis or rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||83.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||80.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mcg|
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 27 Jul 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.