Stuffed Moong Dal and Potato Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33428 times
Chila is a sumptuous pancake made with flours or lentils. There are quick and elaborate versions, light and heavy ones, which can be served for Breakfast or even brunch.
In this creation, wholesome moong dal chilas are stuffed with a perfectly spiced potato mixture. Although it sounds elaborate, the Moong Dal and Potato Rolls are actually easy to prepare. You just need to plan earlier and soak the dal.
When kids come home hungry serve these rolls with a glass of Fruity Orange Drink or Apple Lemon Fizz .
- Clean, wash and soak the green moong dal in a deep bowl in enough water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the green moong dal, green chillies and curds in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, coriander, chilli powder, dried mango powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly with oil, sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a wet piece of cloth.
- Pour ¼th of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7") thin chila.
- Smear little oil on the edges of the chila.
- Spread a portion of the potato stuffing evenly over the chila using a spatula and cook till the chila turns golden brown in colour.
- Fold over using a spatula, while pressing it lightly to make a flat roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 3 more rolls.
- Cut each roll into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.