Moong Dal and Paneer Chila ( Healthy Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 89% LIKED IT
8 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 219 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 179263 times
Chila is the perfect pair for your evening tea. Easy and quick, it is also healthy. Tasty by itself, this Moong Dal and Paneer Chila requires no accompaniment, which makes it easy to serve as an evening snack .
This healthy chila is good for your heart, helps control acidity and can be enjoyed by diabetics too. The fibre in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries, thereby improving heart health.
It is also packed with nutrients like zinc, protein and iron, which help to maintain the elasticity of your skin and keep it moist.
fibre, potassium and magnesium also work together to regular high blood pressure and soothe the nerves.
Read further about 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal .
Stuffing paneer into the chilas makes them more filling, and also adds to the protein and calcium content. Have a go at this awesome snack, and you will never opt for unhealthy biscuits at tea-time!
Enjoy how to make Moong Dal and Paneer Chila recipe with detailed step by step photos and video
- Combine the moong dal along with little water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the salt, asafoetida, sugar and green chilli paste and mix well.
- Heat ¼ tsp of oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it evenly to make a thin round of approx. 125 mm. (5”).
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp low-fat paneer, 1 tbsp coriander and ¼ tsp chaat masala and cook on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve immediately.
Moong Dal and Paneer Chila Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per chila
|Energy|| 154 kcal|
|Protein|| 12.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 22.8 gm|
|Fat|| 3.6 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 807.5 mcg|
|Calcium|| 357.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.