Mini Green Moong Dal Chila
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29596 times
Fight fatigue, or it will fight you. Fatigue is a really cruel enemy that can really change your nature – even the kindest person can get irritable when tired beyond a point. So, do not take fatigue lightly, especially when it is very easy to overcome it, with proper foods and small lifestyle changes.
Mini Green Moong Dal Chila, for example, is a delicious multi-nutrient breakfast option that will keep you energetic throughout the day.
Wisely-chosen ingredients like moong dal, mixed sprouts and paneer give you protein, iron and antioxidants, which ensure that you start the day right. Serve this chila immediately on preparation for maximum taste and nutrition!
Serve with an energy rich glassful of Date Honey Banana Shake .
- Combine the green moong dal and green chillies with approx. 5 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick mini uttapa pan and grease it using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter in each uttapa mould and spread it lightly to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Top each of the 7 mini chilas with 2 tsp of the mixed sprouts and paneer topping and press it gently so the topping sticks well to the batter.
- Cook all the chilas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 11 more mini chilas in 2 more batches using 1½ tsp of oil.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.