Besan and Green Pea Chila ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88960 times
Ever heard of making chilas in a microwave? Um, how do you make a pancake without a pan? We thought it worth a try, and were amazed by how easy and tasty it turned out to be.
It is so hassle-free that you can actually make fresh Besan and Green Pea Chila in front of your guests, without worrying about smoke or oil fumes!
However, remember to add the fruit salt just before you make the Besan and Green Pea Chilas and mix slowly, or else they will not turn out nice and soft.
Greasing the plate each time is a must so that the Besan and Green Pea Chilas don’t stick to the plate.
You can try more recipes like Khaman-Dhokla, Atta Ka Sheera, Baingan-Bhurta and many more, using your modern kitchen helper, the Microwave,to make it ever so quickly.
- To make besan and green pea chila, combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 250 mm. (10”) diameter microwave safe plate with a little oil, pour 2 tbsp of the batter on it and spread it lightly using a spoon to form a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle. You can make 3 such chilas on a plate in one batch, while ensuring to keep enough space between them.
- Microwave the chilas on high for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 9 more chilas in 3 more batches.
- Serve the besan and green pea chila immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.