Stuffed Moong Dal Chilas ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11396 times
Set your imagination free and experiment with these interesting chilkewali moong dal chilas. You can change the stuffing to suit your taste – perhaps you’ll fall in love with a filling of stir-fried vegetables with soya sauce!
- Clean, wash and soak the chilkewali moong dal in water for at least 3 hours.
- Drain, add the green chillies, asafoetida, salt and enough water and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the remaining ingredients and cook for a few minutes.
- Mash lightly, divide the stuffing into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the mixture on the pan and spread it evenly to make a thin of 25 mm (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook the chila using a little oil till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Place one portion of the stuffing on one half of the chila and fold to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 14 more stuffed chilas. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.