Smoked Pepper and Cheese Bread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14900 times
This wholesome Milanese bread is ideal for a country picnic. And is also equally good for a buffet presentation. Smoked pepper and cheese bread is essentially a layered pizza bread sandwich baked in a round tin. Serve it hot, warm, cold or reheated. Hearty soups or salads are ideal companions.
- Grill the red, green and yellow pepper in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 to 15 minutes till the skin is dark brown.
- Allow it to cool and peel the skin off.
- Cut into small pieces and combine with the cheese, rosemary and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the pizza dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Place one circle in a greased tin of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Top with half of the pepper and the cheese filling mixture.
- Place another circle of the rolled dough. Press firmly at the ends so as to seal the filling inside the two dough circles.
- Top with the remaining pepper and cheese filling mixture.
- Cover with the third dough circle and seal the ends tightly. Allow it to prove under a wet muslin cloth for 10 minutes or till it doubles in volume. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Unmould and allow to cool slightly. Brush with oil, cut into wedges and serve warm.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||128.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.