Rajasthani Style Kaddu Aur Soya ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84805 times
Every province has its traditional style of cooking their favourite vegetables. Here, we have chosen a popular Rajasthani subzi usually made using potatoes and pumpkin, and smartly replaced starchy potatoes with multi-nutrient soya chunks instead. In all other ways, the Rajasthani Style Kaddu aur Soya ki Subzi maintains the authenticity. Using curds and spices like nigella seeds, it brings about an unmistakeable haveli feel.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, bayleaves, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the soya chunks and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the red pumpkin cubes, salt, sugar and 1¾ cups of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the pumpkin gets cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.