Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3842 times
Another tasty and delicious pakoda for rainy season which is made from besan with the combination of onion which can be served with besan chutney and is to be served garnished with dry masal powder. This besan chutney can be served with fafda or any other farsan.
- Heat te oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and when the seeds crackles, add the besan, 1 cup of water, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, citric acid and green chilli, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes little thick.
- Transfer to bowl and allow to cool. Keep aside.
- Combine the besan, onion, green chillies, soda bi-carb and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add little water to make a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, drop a spoonful of the prepared batter and deep fry the pakodas on slow flame till it becomes little brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle prepared dry masala.
- Serve hot with prepared besan chutney.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 08 Jul 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.