by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28716 times
quinoa dosa recipe | healthy quinoa dosa | quinoa urad dal and whole wheat flour dosa | with 5 images.
quinoa dosa recipe is a healthy quinoa dosa. Made from just 4 healthy ingredients, quinoa, urad dal, whole wheat flour and ghee, this is a popular quinoa dosa recipe we make at home.
In this quick and easy recipe, we show you how to make tasty quinoa dosa. Made with a batter that blends quinoa and wheat flour with urad, these dosas are very tasty and have an amazing mouth-feel too.
The batter requires no fermentation, so you can make this quinoa dosa at any time, although you must provide an hour’s time for the urad to soak before grinding it.
See why we find this a healthy quinoa dosa recipe? Quinoa lowers cholesterol and reduces heart diseases. The soluble fibre in this grain gains the credit of reducing the total blood cholesterol and LDL (bad cholesterol) levels in our body. Harnessed with nutrients like protein, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, quinoa has been considered as the bone-building power grain. 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of your daily requirement of folic acid. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. So go ahead and enjoy this healthy quinoa dosa today.
Instead of the usual rice dosas, enjoy these xxxxhealthy quinoa dosas for breakfast, with sambhar and chutney.
Try other dosa recipes like Dosa or Rava Dosa.
Learn to make quinoa dosa recipe | healthy quinoa dosa | quinoa urad dal and whole wheat flour dosa | with step by step photos below.
- Soak the urad dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using ½ cup of water.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, prepared urad dal paste and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear ¼ tsp oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.