by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14665 times
It is so easy to cook healthy these days because the supermarket shelves are loaded with healthy ingredients, and it kind of motivates you to make the right choices!
In this quick and easy recipe, we show you how to make tasty Quinoa Dosa. Made with a batter that blends quinoa and wheat flour with urad, these dosas are very tasty and have an amazing mouth-feel too.
The batter requires no fermentation, so you can make this dosa at any time, although you must provide an hour’s time for the urad to soak before grinding it.
Instead of the usual rice dosas, enjoy these healthy Quinoa Dosas for breakfast, with sambhar and chutney .
Try other dosa recipes like Dosa or Rava Dosa .
- Soak the urad dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using ½ cup of water.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, prepared urad dal paste and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear ¼ tsp oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.