Pineapple Jam Filled Bread Tarts
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9055 times
Get ready to experience the excitement of melt-in-the-mouth bread tartlets that overflow with fruity fun! Here, bread tartlets are packed with a tangy and creamy pineapple filling, which has a very apt mix of pineapple jam, fruit chunks and whipped cream.The whipped cream balances the tanginess of the pineapples and the sweetness of the jam, giving the filling a very pleasant taste and of course, a lusciously creamy mouth-feel too.
Adding crushed digestive biscuits to the pineapple jam mixture is another master stroke, which gives it a soul-warming texture and well-rounded flavour. Serve the Pineapple Jam Filled Bread Tarts immediately on preparation before the filling gets watery.
If you like pineapple check out our pineapple based sandwiches and dessert recipes like - Feta and Pineapple Sandwich , Pineapple, Celery and Cottage Cheese Sandwich , Sizzling Pineapple Satay , Pineapple and Raisin Chutney , Pineapple and Cheese Grilled Sandwich , Pineapple-Crumble , Pineapple Basundi , Pineapple Brandy Flambé , Pineapple Sheera and Crunchy Pineapple Cake .
- Combine the pineapple jam and 1 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pineapple, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the digestive biscuits and mix well.
- Combine the prepared pineapple jam mixture and whipped cream in a deep bowl and mix well. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill each bread tart with a portion of the pineapple-whipped cream mixture and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.