Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2895 times
The creamy payesh or rice kheer is a popular payesh or payassam (sweetened milk) recipe with long grain rice added to the milk during boiling. The rice gets cooked with sugar, elaichi powder in the milk to prepare an awesome creamy payesh or kheer. An unique sweet dish recipe to entice one and all.
- Wash the rice and soak in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Boil the milk till it reduces to 1/3rd.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook till rice is cooked and soft.
- Add the raisin and cashewnut.
- Serve it cold.
This recipe was contributed by tumpi5 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.