Paneer and Corn Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 285 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 149836 times
Rich and flavoursome, the Paneer and Corn Curry is a subzi worthy of a party menu. Corn and paneer are all-time favourites, which jack up the popularity of this subzi instantly.
It is flavoured with a rich and luscious paste of cashews, poppy seeds and taste-givers like ginger, onion and garlic. A wide assortment of spices also lend their magical touch to this dish, making it a rich and memorable treat.
Nevertheless, although you need to prepare a paste and require quite a few ingredients, you will find the Paneer and Corn Curry is surprisingly easy and quick to make because the procedure is simple and the ingredients are all readily available.
You can also try other luxuriant subzis like the Subzi Pasanda and Subzi Ka Korma .
- Combine the cashewnuts, poppy seeds and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer along with the garlic and ginger and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onion purée, bayleaf, cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, ground paste and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds, fresh cream, sugar, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, paneer and coriander, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.